Monday, February 25, 2008

We'll miss you, MWilliams

Last night a friend informed me of the demise of Michael Williams. I had to spend a few hours trying to getting in terms with it. No one seems to know what happened yet, and that makes it even more harder to believe that he's gone. He was just 31 yrs old!

I remember meeting him only once while i was there in SFO. He was a very friendly person. After I went back to India, we had a few exchanges over Flickr, and most recently on facebook. I've admired his people photography a lot, and his pictures have always been a great source of inspiration.

He was recently involved with the open source SWFObject 2.0 project, besides his contribution to the Flash player team.

Like a friend of his said, he just made me realize how short life can be.
May his soul rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good friend just IM'd me about the passing of Mike. Through a quick Google, I found this posting. My sincere condolences to all those close to him. Some of my fondest memories at disney.com included Mike. Cheers my friend.

Adam Breivis

Abdul said...

That's really sad man. I met him last year, around same time (March) in San Francisco.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abdulqabiz/424514542/

I am shocked.